Monday 22 October 2018

Gluten Free Cheese Scones


Ever since I was diagnosed I have craved Gluten Free Cheese Scones a lot! So I thought I would share my recipe with you all incase you feel the same way! They are super easy to make and you can also put your own twist on them if you want to!

Ingredients:

1. 350g Self Raising Gluten Free Flour (I used doves farm for mine)
2. Baking powder (I bought mine from Dr Oetker)
3. Salt
4. 60g Margerine
5. 75/80g Mature Chedder Cheese
6. 200ml Milk

Method:

1. Set your oven to 180c fan/ 200 degrees/ gas mark 6
2. Mix all together the 350g self raising flour, 1 1/2 tea spoons of your baking powder, 1/4 tea spoon of salt and the margerine. Rub in the margerine until the mixture turns into breadcrumbs.
3. Next mix in about half of your cheese into the mixture. Obviously the more cheese the more cheesier it will be so feel free to put whatever you want into the mixture!
4.Next, mix in the 200ml of milk to make a dough. I used 200ml but pour in what you think is right, do it gradually so it makes a nice dough. If you think you need less or you need more add it into the mixture.
5. Sprinkle some flour onto your chopping board or clean work top and place the dough on it.
6. Pat down the dough until its about 2-3cm thick.
7. Cut the dough into whatever shape you would like your scones to be! I did squares however I wish i did circles when making them so go for circles if you want to, or even hearts!
8. Put the dough shapes onto a baking tray and brush them over with some milk. Sprinkle the rest of your cheese on top of them also.
9. Bake for 17-18 minutes. 
10. Once baked leave to cool and enjoy!

Hope you enjoy making these! Make sure to tag me in your pictures if you do 😊

Danielle x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig