Friday 30 March 2018

A Gluten Free Guide to Barcelona

                                                     


Barcelona is not only one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited but it is also great for gluten free food. This was my first main holiday that I had been on since being diagnosed so I did my fair share of research beforehand. The majority of restaurants there have gluten free menu's and there are also some hidden gems that I found whilst out there. So here goes!

Conesa Entrepans - Carrer de la Llibreteria, 1, 08002 Barcelona, Spain

Conesa Entrepans is a gorgeous sandwich shop located on a square just off Las Ramblas. It was that popular we had to que to get in! They have loads of gluten free options and also a cute little stand for gluten free cakes. They also have a seperate area where they prepare the food to avoid cross contamination.

I had a chicken panini which was amazing, my first panini since being diagnosed!





Jansana Gluten Free Bakery - Balmes, 106, 08008 Barcelona, Spain (Eixample)

This is a must visit if you are visiting Barcelona! It's quite a small bakery so it is easy to miss but just look out for the sign!😄 There are so many options available, quiche, doughnuts, brownies, sandwiches, pastries, cheesecakes, macaroons and loads more! I had a quiche followed by a brownie and it was so amazing! I took a few treats away with me also. Again, highly recommend!




Copasetic - Diputacio, 55, 08015 Barcelona, Spain

Hands down - the best gluten free burger I have ever had. This was the first proper burger that I had since being diagnosed, and I have not found a better one since! This place is gorgeous, it has such a relaxed ambience about it and the food is incredible. Again, this was a place that I had researched before hand and the reviews seemed pretty good!

I had the burger which was filled with all sorts for main with a jacket potato side. The menu is really good, there is a lot to choose from. For dessert i had to have the Nutella Crepe - wow this was also amazing! This place is a must visit if you are in Barcelona!




Mcdonalds - Las Ramblas, Barcelona, Spain

Of course I had to write about the Mcdonalds in Barcelona. Obviously they are dotted all over the place, but the main one we went to was on Las Ramblas. I'm not joking when I say over the 6 nights that we were there I probably had about 10 burgers 😆 ... obviously I had to take advantage of the Mcdonalds whilst I was there, as for some reason the UK have not jumped on the bandwagon yet!!

Mercat de la Boqueria - Las Ramblas

This was a cute market that we wondered into that is on Las Ramblas. The colours when you walk in are just amazing, there is so much to choose from. They do have stalls for meat, fish and also plenty of drinks, fruit, veg, pastries etc.



I told you it was colourful didn't I!! 🤣

Hard Rock Cafe - Placa Catalunya

I swear I took a picture of my burger at the Hard Rock Cafe but unfortunately I cannot seem to find it now! However, i highly recommend here if you are visiting Barcelona. The food is amazing and they also have a great gluten free menu.


So that is my Gluten Free Guide to Barcelona! I hope you enjoyed the read and I hope this helps you all out when visiting this gorgeous place!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig